- AAIPL successfully implemented the Agile Manufacturing approach in the industrialization of A380 Work Packages i.e. D-Nose Assemblies & Wing Panel Assemblies. From the JV Agreement the to First Ship set delivery is completed in just 14 months.
- Nov-2012: JV Agreement was signed.
Phase 1: Jan-2013 to Aug-2013
- Facility Construction
- Jig Manufacturing
- Operator Hiring
- Operator Training at SAAB
- Documentation Activities
Phase 2: Sep-2013 to Jan-2014
- Production initiation
- Process Qualification from SAAB & Airbus
- Feb-2014 FAI delivery to SAAB
- AAIPL using the similar approach for industrialization of A321 Door Plug & A321 Over Wing Exit (OWE) Doors also.
- The Similar approach will be used for all the future work packages.
- AAIPL focuses during Industrialization are:
- To meet the customer agreed timelines & quality requirements.
- Incorporating the changes through industrial change management process.
- Customer satisfaction.